



STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE COUNCIL

MONTHLY MEMBER REPORTS

Month 202X



Contents

Contents	2
PRESIDENT: VACANT	<mark> 3</mark>
VICE-PRESIDENT EDUCATION (UNDERGRADUATE): BAKAR MOHAMAD	
VICE-PRESIDENT EDUCATION (POST-GRADUATE): SANJAY THAPA	<mark> 4</mark>
VICE-PRESIDENT ACTIVITIES: CAMERON CHESTERS	5
GENERAL SECRETARY: SABRINA YOUNG	6
RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS REPRESENTATIVE: JORDAN BRETT	8
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS REPRESENTATIVE: AAKANKSHA AAKANKSHA .	9
WOMEN'S REPRESENTATIVE: JEMMA COOK	11
QUEER REPRESENTATIVE: RANNIE SINGH	13
FIRST NATIONS REPRESENTATIVE: TIFFANY SHARPE	14
DISABILITY REPRESENTATIVE: ROBERT REED	17
ETHNO-CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE: CRYSTAL RAM	20
ENVIRONMENT REPRESENTATIVE: DANIELLE ALBERTINE	
ONLINE STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE: CAITLIN MARLOR	<mark> 24</mark>
PARRAMATTA CITY CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: ELLYN JOYCE TORTAL	24
PARAMMATTA SOUTH REPRESENTATIVE: RAZIN POLARA	25
NIRIMBA CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: SARA MIKHA	26
KINGSWOOD CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: SIMON PREUSS-KEARNEY	27
BANKSTOWN REPRESENTATIVE: JASMINE RICCIARELLI	29
CAMPBELLTOWN REPRESENTATIVE: DHARSHINI SATHYANARAYANAN	31
HAWKESBURY CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: VACANT	<mark> 31</mark>
LIVERPOOL CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: ROMONDA EID	32
WELFARE AND WELLBEING REPRESENTATIVE: VICKY-RAE REED	35
SMALL AND REGIONAL CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: VACANT	<mark> 37</mark>



PRESIDENT: VACANT

Not submitted

VICE-PRESIDENT EDUCATION (UNDERGRADUATE): BAKAR MOHAMAD

SRC report May-June

- 10/05 assisted in putting agenda and report together for all SRC
- 11/05 posted campaign for Bankstown rep on socials
- 11/05 call with Grant to discuss SRC mailing list
- 11/05 marketed SRC internship positions
- 13/05 attended meeting with NUS ed officer to discuss western src involvement with NTEU
- 13/05 Attended general SRC meeting
- 13/05 Attended meeting with NUS Ed officer to discuss NTEU and SRC involvement
- 13/05 Had a debrief with student community about the SRC meeting
- 15/05 Sent an email to SRC exec about tracking absent SRC member progress
- 15/05 Emailed westernlife team about discussion with Danielle regarding having students automatically opted-in to the SRC page on WL.
- 18/05 meeting with campus reps about project C-stall
- 18/05 meeting with residential rep about procedural issues in the SRC
- 27/05 Discussion with student community surrounding general SRC procedures and ideas
- 27/05 sent a follow up email to NTEU to discuss collaboration and involvement in their upcoming strike
- Attended SRC exec meeting
- Had a discussion with SRC members about Winter fete event
- Had a meeting with project C-stall working group
- Forwarded items to academic senate for undergraduate students
- Attended Parramatta South provost committee meeting



VICE-PRESIDENT EDUCATION (POST-GRADUATE): SANJAY THAPA

Not submitted



VICE-PRESIDENT ACTIVITIES: CAMERON CHESTERS

Cameron VPA Report for June

Back to the SRC after a gruelling federal campaign.

Three things I want to focus on:

- 1. Free after-hours parking
- 2. Buying some SRC signage/merchandise
- 3. A fun event for the students

The fun event idea for students is a sailing trip on a pirate ship around Sydney Harbour for a few hours (I have attached a photo of it below) in July. Food included, \$25 tickets for students, 100 students. Students also get to climb the mast and go to the front of the bow like in Titanic. We have a special trip to Goat Island too for a bit of a convict tour and relaxation. Can also make it pirate themed on request to complete the experience. Total cost after deducting ticket revenue is \$6,500. There is about \$20,000 left in my budget of VPA so no worries there.

The idea is to send out a student-wide email advertising the event. This is very important to ensure we actually do get 100 students and to also reach people who do not check westernlife. I remember hearing many students who came to my taste tours saying they never go to events or check westernlife/fb but saw this event in their emails and went for it.

I am all ears if anyone has suggestions, collaborations or any other ideas on how to tie it into a cause or occasion. Otherwise the event is for sight seeing, getting out of the house, meeting students, learning about tall ships and learning about convict history. Those are still great reasons to have this event but happy to expand it even further. Can't wait!



1ern Swan is a magnificent three-masted barquentine built in Denmark



GENERAL SECRETARY: SABRINA YOUNG

Being a part of the SRC makes me really appreciate how far I have come as a student and as a leader in our community. My initial first months have been challenging and different to adjust but I am sincerely grateful to those on the team who have extended a word of support, advice and kindness. I hope to continue to assist everyone in making the difference that the university, its staff and students deserve.

Events attended

4 May – organised the Pole Aerials Dance and Fitness Society student socials meet on-campus with executives Annie and Sues to increase student engagement

9 May/10 May– Pole Aerials Dance and Fitness Society sponsorship events with Stargazer Pole Studio to connect students with small local businesses and break gender and dance stereotypes

11 May – attended last MATES mentor meeting to bid farewell and thank mentees Codi and Anne on attending the program consistently throughout term

11 May – End of program celebrations with English Conversation Groups and MATES to appreciate all facilitators and students involved with organising the mentoring programs

12 May - Pole Aerials Dance and Fitness Society sponsorship events with Stargazer Pole Studio to connect students with small local businesses and break gender and dance stereotypes

Meetings

5 May – attended SRC Executive Meeting, observed and discussed student voice university participation, SRC training, and student community vacancies

13 23 May – Attended ENG student focus group to discuss and offer opinions and ideas on cultural competence and graduate attributes with Madelaine-Marie Judd

May - SRC General Meeting, observed, took minutes, and closed the meeting

31 May – SRC Executive meeting, sent out SRC Executive meeting agenda and attended virtually

Trainings

4 May – attended EOI inductions with Grant to settle into position as General Secretary and have questions and concerns addressed

11 May – on-campus General Secretary induction with Grant to discuss processes and procedures in detail and request of access to SRC website, General Secretary email, and social logins

15 May – General Secretary handover from Sarah Cupitt



Concerns

n/a

Actions

23 May – organised SRC calendar invites and communications planning to schedule deliverables to be met for the remainder of the year

27 May - SRC Agenda Items deadlines issued and collated

To do

- Create recurring events on WesternLife for General Meetings
- Design the Instagram and Facebook posts for the rest of the year
- Obtain access to SRC socials
- Reorganise website documents

Outcomes

- Received Outstanding Mentor Award and Certificate of Appreciation for going above and beyond, in demonstrating outstanding service and effort and involvement as a Mentor of MATES Autumn 2022 Program
- Received Certificate of Appreciation for involvement as a Facilitator in the English Conversation Groups Autumn 2022 Program



RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS REPRESENTATIVE: JORDAN BRETT

Members Report: June 2022

- Jordan Brett (Residential Student Representative)
- 16/05/2022 Consultation with Residential Students regarding Living Conditions
- 18/05/2022 Project C-Stall Meeting
- 19/05/2022 Meeting with the Ethno-Cultural Representative
- 19/05/2022 Meeting with the Village Manager (CLV Campbelltown)
- 19/05/2022 Meeting with Civic Engagement Officer
- 20/05/2022 Meeting with the Online Student's Representative
- 24/05/2022 Meeting with the Online Student's Representative
- 26/05/2022 Meeting with the Ethno-Cultural Representative
- 26/05/2022 Meeting with Civic Engagement Officer
- 26/05/2022 Meeting with NTEU Rep (Campbelltown)
- 30/05/2022 Meeting with Residential Students
- 01/06/2022 Meeting with SRC Stakeholders
- 02/06/2022 Meeting with Civic Engagement Officer
- 02/06/2022 Meeting with Residential Student's
- 02/06/2022 Meeting with the Ethno-Cultural Representative
- 02/06/2022 Meeting with the Vice-President (Activities)
- 02/06/2022 Meeting with Students regarding SRC Awareness On-Campus
- 02/06/2022 Consulted with Members regarding Flying Minute
- 02/06/2022 Assisted with Flying Minute in collaboration with Members
- 02/06/2022 Consultation with NTEU Rep (Campbelltown)

It has been a very busy month in the portfolio with approximately 200 individual student interactions in the capacity of Residential Student Representative. I am proud to say that due to the hard work of myself and other members, that we have been able to advocate for our staff and have offered the SRC the opportunity to unite with the NTEU in their protected action on the 7th of June, 2022. It is one of the most exciting events that I have been privileged enough to be a part



of, and I would like to say thank you to all members, staff, students, and stakeholders who have supported the SRC and NTEU in this action. Furthermore, I would also like to acknowledge how appreciative I am of the University of Sydney SRC in their support of the NTEU Strikes at Western Sydney U. It is not unnoticed and when students and staff across all universities and campuses stand together, we can achieve great things for our fellow students. Lastly, I would like to thank the residential students who have come forward in my initiative to improve living conditions. When students are brave and confident enough to speak out against inequalities and power imbalances, change can happen, and power starts to shift towards the students. When students speak out against injustices, they not only benefit themselves, but they benefit all students, and prevent the injustices from affecting others. I am incredibly excited for the coming months, and cannot wait to see the change that the SRC and the student body can create.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS REPRESENTATIVE: AAKANKSHA AAKANKSHA

MEMBER REPORT

International Students Representative in SRC

May 31st, 2022.

I'm Aakanksha, a second-year Bachelors of Business student and the international representative in the SRC. This is my first ever experience being a representative in any student organisation and I am thrilled beyond words. But it also is a very new experience for me and I am navigating the role along the way. I believe that I have successfully carried out my duties and am eligible to retain my position due the following reasons:

1) I attended the C3 Conference in my capacity as the International rep. It was the first event that took place after I was elected, and it felt amazing to meet some of the fellow officers of the SRC there.

2) I attended the induction session with Grant and gained knowledge regarding the beliefs, rules, duties and procedures of the SRC.

3) I reached out to the international students through a whatsapp group to ask me any queries they may have or any problems that they might be facing without hesitation. I was glad that some students reached out and I helped solve their problems and also connected them to the official people/bodies who could help them even further.

4) I hosted a community table on behalf of LEAD and the School of Business. I encouraged a lot of students to join it (both domestic and international) since I was thinking of touching the topic of mental health (which has been adversely affected, especially of us international students since we were unable to come to Australia due to the travel restrictions) during the discussion and wanted everyone to share their personal experiences and learn from each other. The event was a huge success and I got messages from several students and staff as well to tell me how light they felt after the discussion.



5) I am currently working with Dharshini (Campbelltown rep) and a number of other reps to organise a jigsaw puzzle competition that we believe will help the students de-stress.

6) With the help of Vicky-Ray Reed and the Welfare & Well-being newsletter, I have send through an appeal to the international students to reach out to me along with the details of numerous resources and services that the university offers us all for a better transition into a new country and a new world.



WOMEN'S REPRESENTATIVE: JEMMA COOK

Women's Representative - Jemma Cook

Meetings:

- · Biggest Morning Tea: Joined decorations working team: 17th May, 2022
- o Had a zoom meeting with Vicky Rae-Reed and Rommonda Eid
- · WoCo meeting: 18th May, 2022
- o Chaired a zoom meeting with collective officers
- · Women @ Work meetings: Held by WISL Alyce Neal
- o 2nd May, 2022
- o 16th May, 2022
- o 23rd May, 2022
- o 30th May, 2022 Post event debrief
- · Jigsaw puzzle competition Working team meeting: 30th May, 2022

Events:

 \cdot 25th of May 2022 – I was fortunate enough to be involved in the Women @ Work: Be a change-maker event with a fellow collective Officer. This event was run by Work-Integrated and Service-Learning unit of the Careers sector of WSU. The event focused on the experiences of women in different workplaces and overcoming biases. It was a way to begin opening the conversations of challenges faced as women in work, providing insight into ways to change the system.

Upcoming events:

I have been working with the collective to start organising next semester events and we have made some great progress with what we would like to start doing:

 \cdot We are dedicated to holding a weekly event similar to the 'Mates Corner' that focuses on an online forum-like space for female identifying students to have a safe space to join the open discussion about a pre-determined weekly topic.



o We would like to hold this event each Wednesday and call the event 'Women's Woes Wednesday'. This will be an online event where individuals can join with no pressure to be super involved if they just want to come and listen. We are hoping this will foster some sort of community amongst our students and give them the opportunity to openly talk and discuss things with both us and their follow cohort. As the collective, we will ensure to take some notes of the issues that are brought up almost as "data collection" to know what kind of support we need to provide or even just as feedback into the systems of the university.

 \cdot We would also like to do a monthly self-care event held on a Sunday. This came about as the Sunday before Spring semester starts (24th of July) is International Self-care Day and we thought this would be a great opportunity to bring the members together before semester starts and establish some routine with them along with bringing some ease back into starting up the academic semester again.

o We would hold 4 of these events over the semester and each one we would hope to collaborate with a different collective and/or club to increase involvement, as well as creating a larger space for unity and inclusion.

Main concerns:

 \cdot The women's rooms on campus need a lot of TLCS; some more so than others. I have begun speaking with some of the campus reps about these rooms and what they would like to see from these spaces. The last meeting I had with some of the reps was back on the 2nd of May, so I will do another check-in with them in the following week.

o Would like to provide all spaces with free pads and/or tampons, put up posters and flyers for relevant information spaces (suicide, SA hotlines, cancer checks,

etc.). We would love the ability to add some fun and life into these spaces to potentially with a nice fun fresh coat of paint.

o We have also made correspondence with the Student Parents Union about what kind of support these spaces can offer parents of campus.



QUEER REPRESENTATIVE: RANNIE SINGH

Queer Collective

June report

9/05- Queer collective officers meeting

The officers discussed plans for the upcoming pride month as well as the upcoming IDAHOBIT day. The officers decide on lunch for IDAHOBIT day and some events for pride month. The officers also discuss mental health resources in the queer room and how we can improve the queer room.

15/05- IDAHOBIT day lunch planning

The officers finalise the details of the IDAHOBIT day lunch with the finalisation of speakers and the zine created for the purpose of IDAHOBIT day. Emails are sent out to potential speakers.

16/05- Queer collective officers meeting

The officers discuss the possible speakers for the event and make last minute changes for the IDAHOBIT day lunch.

17/05- IDAHOBIT day

The lunch occurs in the Hub at the university and is attended by the officers and members of the collective.

23/05- Queer collective officers meeting

Queer collective officers finalise details of the events for pride month which is the kahoot night, Netflix movie parties and an Open mic event at the Hub

30/05- Queer collective officers meeting

Queer collective officers discuss the pride month email, kahoot night, Netflix party and the Open mic event and plan future events for the collective.



FIRST NATIONS REPRESENTATIVE: TIFFANY SHARPE

First Nations Representative - June SRC Report

I continue to be engaged with the student leaders and Indigenous cohort, along with adequately meeting the standards of criteria within the First Nations role and responsibilities stated in the portfolio. I am increasing my opportunities by taking collaborative initiative projects with the Equity Representatives and Western SRC Student Leaders overall.

Meetings:

· 13th May 2022: May SRC Meeting

· 20th May 2022: Senate Chair meeting with Student Representatives

 \cdot 29th May 2022: WSU Occupational Therapy student contacted me by email to ask if I am interested to be a Reconciliation Week Guest Speaker, as the student is part of a small social enterprise focusing on empowering youth to create a positive impact at the community level.

• 8th June 2022: Reconciliation Week Guest Speaker à WSU student's social enterprise would like to do a small in-house event for their organisation where they can hear from Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Essentially the group wants to understand the following:

o What the Uluru Statement of the Heart means to me?

o What can small organisations do to work with First Nation communities (who can we reach out to, what are ways we can ensure we are respectful)?

o If you could share your thoughts on Reconciliation Week with the wider community, what would you like to share?

Trainings:

· 20th May 2022: LEAD Workshop à Introduction to Emotional Intelligence

 \cdot 26th May 2022: Auspire: First Nations Cultural Competency Training à Attended the First Nations Cultural Competency Training delivered by Auspire Western Australia.

 \cdot 27th May 2022: LEAD Workshop à Cultural Responsiveness – Understanding the Need for Inclusive Leadership

Events:

 \cdot 30th May 2022: [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Endeavour Voyage: The Untold stories of Cook and the First Australians presented by the National Museum of Australia



 \cdot 31st May 2022: [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Fight for Indigenous Rights Seminar with the National Museum of Australia

 \cdot 1st June 2022: [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Indigenous Rights and Freedoms Seminar with The Museum of Australia Democracy

 \cdot 2nd June 2022: [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Talk Back Time with Roslyn Hull at Reconciliation Place

 \cdot 3rd June 2022: [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Virtual Aboriginal Tour – Cape Byron with Aunty Delta Kay

Collaborative Initiative projects:

 \cdot National Reconciliation Week: National Reconciliation Week, all the virtual incursions and events were arranged and planned by Vicky. (COMPLETED)

o RECONCILIATION WEEK] Endeavour Voyage: The Untold stories of Cook and the First Australians presented by the National Museum of Australia

o [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Fight for Indigenous Rights Seminar with the National Museum of Australia

o [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Indigenous Rights and Freedoms Seminar with The Museum of Australia Democracy

o [RECONCILIATION WEEK] Virtual Aboriginal Tour - Cape Byron with Aunty Delta Kay

 \cdot Breast Cancer Awareness High Tea: Many of the female Western SRC representatives are collaborating to show our support of women's health and raising the awareness of breast cancer.

Additional On-Campus initiatives:

- · 3rd May 2022: Campbelltown Campus
- o Cleaned the kitchenette
- o Re-stocked the beverage supplies and milk in fridge
- o Queer Room General cleaning and tidying room

o Email Jenny - RE: Zip Tap to OEC for maintenance report à Case number C50078895 (Maintenance report – repaired and resolved)



o Email Emily – RE: Student Events collateral in SRC space since Christmas à Found out it to be Inclusive Communities – to contact Daniel

- · 10th May 2022: Campbelltown Campus
- o Cleaned the kitchenette
- o Re-stocked the beverage supplies and milk in fridge
- o Queer Room General cleaning and tidying room
- · 17th May 2022: Campbelltown Campus
- o Cleaned the kitchenette
- o Re-stocked the beverage supplies and milk in fridge
- o Queer Room General cleaning and tidying room
- · 24th May 2022: Campbelltown Campus
- o Cleaned the kitchenette
- o Re-stocked the beverage supplies and milk in fridge
- o Queer Room General cleaning and tidying room
- · 31st May 2022: Campbelltown Campus
- o Cleaned the kitchenette
- o Re-stocked the beverage supplies and milk in fridge
- o Queer Room General cleaning and tidying room



DISABILITY REPRESENTATIVE: ROBERT REED

May/June SRC Report - Robert Reed Disabilities Representative

Due to placement for the month of May and illness, allocations of some activities have been moved to the June/July period for completion. This will be detailed at the end of the completed activities section as action items to be undertaken.

6th May Mates Corner Discussion Group

13th May Mates Corner Discussion Group

20th May Mates Corner Discussion Group

27th May Mates Corner Discussion Group

These sessions continue to introduce new concepts that have become relevant among male identifying students who have attended the sessions. There have been some issued raised recently that will require further investigation with the university in view of certain equalities. Although the turnout for Mate's Corner is small, it has helped male identifying students that have attended and allowed them to have a space where they are free to express ideas and problems that have affected them, but also allowed them to have a space where they can be free to express themselves. It should be noted that there was a gap between some sessions in April due to the Easter holiday period.

13th May SRC General Meeting

26th May Campbelltown Provost Meeting

During this session many ideas were discussed about possible future events that will take place at the Campbelltown Campus. One that is of significance is R U OK Day which will run on the 8th of September. I have taken the lead for this project as it falls into the Disabilities Portfolio and will be seeking consultation with the Welfare and Wellbeing rep and the Campbelltown Campus Rep for to create an organising committee in conjunction with the Disability Collective.

27th May Indigenous Cultural Competency Training Workshop.

This was a fantastic opportunity for myself as it allows a deeper understanding of out indigenous culture and the issues faced by this community over a significant time period. It also highlighted the contrast between the indigenous community and the greater society, especially in matters concerning health, mental health, and wellbeing.

31st May Disability Collective, Disability Services, Equity and Wellbeing Monthly Meeting



Discussions raised on the matter of accessibility of WSU shuttle bus services. This included aps being more accurate with tracking in real time. There have been issues raised by students about tracking being delayed and not actually indicating when shuttle buses will arrive or if they have been cancelled. There was a recommendation about the site of some of the shuttle bus stops, especially at Campbelltown opposite Security in Building 21. It is not properly accessible for those with mobility issues or parents who may require assistance with young children if boarding the shuttle. Accessibility for this stop will be investigated by Disability Services. Stephanie continued her concerns for amenity accessibility for students with a disability, and the Disability Collective is currently working on this issue with Terri Mears and Disability Services. This is in conjunction with the increased awareness of disorders inclusive of those with IBD and Crohn's Disease.

1st June Assistive Technology Catchup

Monthly catchup with Sally Leggo and Natalie McLoughlin in general discussions concerning student access to assistive technology made available by WSU. Natalie and Sally have also inspected Access Rooms at the various campuses and have cleaned these areas to allow for greater accessibility. I will be emailing Natalie for the locations of the Campus Access Rooms to be included in the next Disability Collective newsletter and a general mailer to all students within the Disability Collective. Possible collaboration with the Welfare and Wellbeing rep to reach those students who are not members of the Disability Collective. Natalie and Sally have also indicated that new strategies are being created for Assistive Technology and will be discussed at the next meeting in July. Sally and Natalie have extended an invitation to all student representatives who would like to gain a better understanding and knowledge of Assistive Technology to attend future meetings.

2nd June Talk Back Session with Rosalind Hull

3rd June Reconciliation Webinar Virtual Aboriginal Tour - Byron Bay

Ongoing / Future

 \cdot Continuation of Mates Corner Discussion sessions throughout the remainder of the semester including being open during the upcoming exam period where students can debrief or just relax before, between and after exams.

 \cdot Next meeting of the Disability Collective will occur in late June / early July depending on the timing of exams and upcoming Spring Semester timetables

· Eoi's for General Reps to be sent out by Monday 7th of June

 \cdot Initiate collaborating with Queer Collective Rep for movie nights to remove stigma and create greater awareness of Hepatitis and Aids on nationally recognised days

· During the mid-semester break will be travelling to campuses to access accessibility assessment





ETHNO-CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE: CRYSTAL RAM

SRC Member Report – June 2022

Meeting Attendance (ETHNO-CULTURAL REPRESENTATIVE):

14/05/2022 WSU Nursing and Midwifery Students Society (NaMSS) May Monthly Meeting in

collaboration with Ethnocultural collective - Campbelltown Leagues

19/05/2022 Weekly meeting with students on campus - Campbelltown

24/05/2022 NaMSS & SoNM Academic Meeting

26/05/2022 Weekly meeting with students on campus - Campbelltown and Parramatta

10/06/2022 SRC June Monthly Meeting

On Saturday 14 May, the NaMSS community came together both in person and virtually, to discuss event planning and future events for students. Thank you to everyone who attended and provided input.

As the ethnocultural representative, I will continue in my efforts to partake and report the needs of students across all fields on and off campus. As the representative I believe it is anticipated that I strengthen student voice and increase participation in activities which are currently online. I plan to organise regular meetings both face to face and virtual, for students that allow a chance for the students of various communities to grow and develop.

Since being elected I have sustained effort to support and advance networks as well as partnerships with individuals, groups, clubs, and offices which are working towards the same otherwise similar objectives such as the Provost Committees where we will be working alongside with the Inclusive Communities Coordinator. This will assist to leverage our capacities and resources, as well as to avoid duplication of activities and meetings, especially with university staff.

Further to this, I have collaborated with multiple student collectives and societies to schedule events for the remainder of the term, acknowledging various days of observance in ethnically diverse communities.

I have been interviewed by Madilyn McKinley who has produced an article, regarding nurses and the lack of responsiveness from the Morrison/Perrottet government to create a safe work environment. You can read here: <u>Election: Nursing students call for more support - The Junction</u> (junctionjournalism.com)

In this report I would like to wish students of the Jewish community a Chag Sameach! Shavuot is the "Feast of Weeks," is celebrated seven weeks after Passover (Pesach). Shavuot is also referred to sometimes as Pentecost. It was originally an agricultural festival, marking the beginning of the wheat harvest. During the Temple period, the first fruits of the harvest were brought to the Temple, and two loaves of bread made from the new wheat were offered. This aspect of the



holiday is reflected in the custom of decorating the synagogue with fruits and flowers and in the names Yom ha-Bikkurim "Day of the First Fruits" and Hag ha-Qazir "Harvest Feast". Shavuot is celebrated on Sunday, June 5, 2022.





ENVIRONMENT REPRESENTATIVE: DANIELLE ALBERTINE

Danielle Albertine – Environment Representative

Collective Meetings:

This month is all about the meeting! I've been having meetings with individual officers to run over the various assigned tasks from our monthly exec meetings, and I'm finding this is working well.

Workshops:

- Making Your Own Yogurt and Kombucha
- Growing Your Own Mushrooms
- World Environment Day Creating a pollinator friendly garden. We'll also be announcing the winner of our Native Pollinator competition. The first people to register for and attend the workshop will receive a pollinator friendly seed packet and Menulog voucher.
- Sustainable Development Goals Explainer What is the UN Agenda 30 and its accompanying 17 Sustainable Development Goals?

Competitions:

- World Environment Day Short 200-word piece on Australian Native Pollinators to win one of 3 gift cards
- Sustainable Development Goals 1 Goal, 1 Fact, 1 action

Social Media:

• We're in the process of overhauling and linking our social media accounts and storage, as well as streamlining all our log ins. This is in an effort to ensure each new team can pick up where the outgoing team left off

Upcoming Events:

- World Environment Day
- Western Fair / Orientation

Collaborations:

• WoCo – We will be collaborating with the WoCo on a Self-Care Sunday - Sustainable face masks workshop, as well as an on campus Paint a Pot Plant event with a take home plant as well.



Inclusive Communities and 21C Future Thinkers – Jenna Condie from 21C has proposed an initiative featuring various ways of introducing issues of climate change into curriculums at the upcoming Orientation in July. We're looking forward to working with them.



Equipment & Ingredients for Kombucha

Supply your own: - Glass jar (at least 1L) Paper Towel, fine cheesecloth, or fabric White Sugar (50g or 1/4 cup) Glass bottles - Funnel

> We supply: - Teabags - Scoby and starter tea

Equipment & Ingredients for Yoghurt

Supply your own: - Plastic or glass container with lid (at least 1L) - 1L fresh milk (full cream is ideal) - 1 tablespoon whole milk powder (optional) - Yoghurt insulator/maker (optional)

- Yoghurt culture





June 5th, 11am - 12pm

World Environment Day Workshop: Australian Native Pollinators



ONLINE STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE: CAITLIN MARLOR

Not submitted - requested extension Friday 3 June Midnight

PARRAMATTA CITY CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: ELLYN JOYCE TORTAL

25/04/2022 – SRC-Catch Up Meeting Host: Bakar Mohamad The purpose of this meeting was to meet the new SRC representatives and to discuss the duties and expectations of being part of the SRC team.

04/05/2022 – SRC Induction Meeting Host: Grant Murray The purpose of this meeting was to provide formal training in procedures, participation, requests, and discuss the duties, expectations of each role, remuneration benefits as part of the SRC team in detail.

06/05/2022 – Campus Stall Meeting with Bakar and other WSU campus representatives Meeting Host: Bakar Mohamad This meeting's agenda was to organise a monthly schedule for an SRC stall at each campus. Discussions and ideas were on campus location, tables, canopy, decorations, signs, t-shirt designs, etc.

13/05/2022- Attended the SRC General Meeting Meeting Hosts: Sanjay Thapa and Bakar Mohamad

18/05/2022 – Campus Stall Meeting with Bakar and other WSU campus representatives Meeting Host: Bakar Mohamad The meeting's agenda was to finalise the SRC stall locations and establish a stall buddy system for each campus. Other discussions included game activities or giveaway ideas. After this meeting, I have been in contact with Romonda Eid to discuss our availabilities to hold the stall event at Parramatta City campus.



PARAMMATTA SOUTH REPRESENTATIVE: RAZIN POLARA

SRC Monthly Member Report – Razin Polara (june, 2022)

Meetings, events or conferences I have attended this month in my capacity as a member of the SRC:

· Attended meeting with the Other student Leaders regarding the SRC campus stall initiative.

- \cdot Meeting with Ukrainian student team on campus.
- \cdot Meeting with the student events team for the upcoming event.
- · Meeting with Parramatta provost committee
- · I attended a meeting with the Campus life officer.

Communication and engagement, I have been involved this month as a member of the SRC:

 \cdot I have also been actively involved to promote the SRC office space as much as possible because that is something I found very useful to students.

 \cdot Update regarding the Ukrainian soccer gala day is, we have decided to postpone it as some of the team members got COVID positive. So it is best to postpone it and do it with some bigger planning.

 \cdot We have collaborated with the events team and sports team to make it broader. We are also inviting other universities to take part in the event.

 \cdot And involves the provost making a good connection between students and staff seeing it is little or no interaction happening except for studies. I have been to the provost meeting and have put forward the point of postponing the event and got positive feedback

· I will also be helping the provost committee in planning an event for students.



NIRIMBA CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: SARA MIKHA

Monthly meeting:

Joined SRC March meeting, we discussed some of the agenda items and budgets and got on track with everyone's plans and events. This also helps me know what everyone's goal is and what we are up to. It is beneficial to keep us updated every month.

Provost:

 \cdot Joined the Provost monthly Meeting; we talked about what has to be fixed in Nirimba and Olympic parc campus. Everyone has a job to complete till the next meeting.

 \cdot I had a Meeting with Marry; we walked around the campus and discussed if anything needed to be fixed or changed, such as equipment or furniture.

Meetings:

 \cdot I had a meeting with Michelle Holdstock and Suzanne. They both are librarians; the topic was about how could the library create a child-friendly space that is more accommodating to the carer? We brainstormed some ideas, such as: transferring one of the study rooms into a room with games for kids. We will hopefully have another meeting in the future.

Project C-stall Meeting:

We had a brief meeting about the stalls that we wanted to put on campuses; we established to finish most of the work, such as the location on each campus, time and partners that we are working with. We only have little things to finish, such as banners, shirts and badges.



KINGSWOOD CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: SIMON PREUSS-KEARNEY

Member Report for June 2022 Simon Preuss-Kearney

Over May and early June, I attended to the following events/activities:

• I have continued my involvement in the SRC related meetings this month, such as the May SRC monthly meeting.

• Secondly, I followed up on the budget requests and payment requests for both the unity cup tickets and the jerseys. The jersey payments have been organised and processed by Jenny, and the ticket payment requests have been made – pending approval.

• Finally, I attended the Penrith Showcase organisation meeting. In this meeting we discussed our plan for the event, current progress, and distribution of organisational responsibility. I then attended the Penrith Provost committee meeting, and presented an overview of the planning progress. From the meeting, the committee also discussed planning events to collaborate with the SRC (such as SRC involvement in the Penrith Campus Showcase, and Provosts potential involvement in a future SRC campus stall event at Kingswood).

Over the month of June, I will attend to the following events/activities:

• Firstly, continuing my involvement in the SRC related meetings approaching this month, such as the June SRC monthly meeting – where I will be presenting three agenda items.

• Secondly, the three agenda items I will be presenting at the next SRC meeting address the following topics: Firstly, the SRC Conference (an event with aims to increase awareness and engagement with the SRC); Secondly, the WSU Penrith Showcase (Discussing potential SRC involvement in Penrith campus showcase); Lastly, Creating Child Friendly Libraries For Student Parents (Making Kingswood and Hawksbury libraries more child friendly for student parents looking for a place to study).

• Thirdly, I will follow up on the 2022 SSAF Advisory Group. Given the SRC budget committee have met and passed the budget, another discussion to discuss the potential of additional

funding (should we need it) can take place. In this discussion, we can suggest ideas of possible funding requirements for the SRC, with the SSAF Advisory Group.

• Fourthly, I am planning a Movie night for Kingswood at the end of this semester. I will be organising it with the assistance of Jasmine and will be working with collectives on the movie ideas. We will be using the food purchased to cover both Bankstown and Kingswood's movie nights.

• Fifthly, I will organise a meeting with the queer collective and the Sydney Rangers (and possibly the Flying Bats), to discuss and provide suggestions to achieve a more inclusive



tournament in the future. Hopefully, this will encourage more interest from queer students - to feel welcomed to join future Unity Cups.

• Finally, I have received confirmation I will be getting my final marks returned to me soon. Resultantly, this month will be my last month as a representative in the SRC. It has been a pleasure working with all of you, thank you for all your support you have shown me, and your infinite patience in putting up with my dumb jokes. I wish the team all the best, and will do my best to induct my successor to be an even better member in the SRC team. I have appreciated representing my campus, and thank everyone who talked with me, offered ideas to implement, and those who voted me in.

It has been a pleasure to be a part of this counsel.



BANKSTOWN REPRESENTATIVE: JASMINE RICCIARELLI

Monthly Report Bankstown Student Rep (May/June)

2nd May 2022- Complaint about Bankstown academy room (need more facilities)

Students are wanting more facilities (kettle and microwave) in the academy room as these students feel like they have earnt these by meeting the requirements to join the academy.

6th May 2022- Campus Stall meeting

Attended the campus stall meeting where I met two new campus reps. We discuss and finalised products that we would like to get when we start running the stall as well as where the stalls would be located and made updates to the buddy system. We spoke about how long we would run the stall and starting by the end of May. I created a poll for the next meeting.

11th May 2022- Bankstown questionnaire for student feedback

Email Bakar about promoting my questionnaire for student feedback on SRC social's and posted the questionnaire on WesternLife (SRC page, LEAD page, Ethno-culture, Disability and Women collective). Have received some responses back.

13th May 2022- Confirmed next time for Campus stall meeting with Bakar

18th May 2022- - Campus Stall meeting

Finalised all the last minute action items for the stall. Now I am planning a date and time with my buddy for my campus.

19th May 2022- Student Forum/Feedback for Bankstown Campus

Ask Bakar to help promote by Student Forum/Feedback flyer. Received some good feedback most students on Bankstown are wanting more of a social life aspect will look into doing a fun and game/ student chat up next semester.



19th May 2022- Hosting Community Table (is education a right or a privilege)

Today I was able to host the 3rd pot stirrer community table as part of LEAD. During this 1 hour session I gain much insight to what peoples perspectives were on whether education is a right or privilege. There was also a lot of talk on the different types of education out there and if it should



be a right to not attend a systemic educational system and how real life practical skills are just as important to actual textbook learning. There was discussion on what age is a right and what age is a privilege to when a child should start school and how choosing can be quite difficult for parents. There was talk on if systemic education is a right then all public schools should offer free extra-curricular activity and elective units and how the systemic educational system is tailored to a small group of people. The 70-20-10 or head, hands and heart model was also brought up in a way to teach students in schools as a good approach to help create the next generation of education.

20th May 2022- LEAD introduction to emotional intelligence workshop

20th May 2022- Message Dash about when she is wanting to start on her working group for her puzzle activity

Had a conversation with Dash and discussed that I would create a doll poll when she ready to start the working group. She said she needed to email a couple of people before we start.



CAMPBELLTOWN REPRESENTATIVE: DHARSHINI SATHYANARAYANAN

SRC Members Report – June

Dharshini Sathyanarayanan - Campbelltown Campus Representative

In May I attended the SRC meeting where I presented my idea on Jigsaw Puzzle Competition. Majority of the people showed interest and offered to help. Had a meeting with the 4 other reps. We are in the brainstorming stage. We have chosen the date and how to send an event request. However, we are yet to choose a location at Campbelltown campus. Sent an email to Emily Liddel, not much reply from her side. Created a poll on WSU Facebook page, just to see if students are keen to take part if Uni is hosting such a competition. Most people voted 'Yes'. Feeling confident that this event might me a success.

I am currently drafting an email to OEC. I recently had a chat with the librarian at Campbelltown Campus. To my surprise I came to know that the librarians have no control over the air conditioner. Moreover, since the Autumn Semester is coming to an end, a lot of students are in need of private study spaces. Room 19 has been under repair for a very long time. Moreover, the parking spaces are in extreme terrible conditions. Hence, I am writing this email. Hoping to see some changes before I graduate.

Along with the Vice President (Undergraduate) and the other Campus Reps, I am working on setting up SRC stalls. We are almost done brainstorming. We are hoping to start executing the plan by the end of either this month or next month. Currently working with Razin on designing SRC t-shirts.

This upcoming SRC meeting, I will be talking about how flawed our Shuttle bus tracker is. Hoping to start a working group where we can brainstorm ideas.

Looking forward to making all these ideas into reality.

Regards,

Dharshini Sathyanarayanan

HAWKESBURY CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: VACANT

Not submitted



LIVERPOOL CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: ROMONDA EID

SRC REPORT – MAY/JUNE

Winter Wonderland Fete - During this month I have been busy organising a few items for the Winter Wonderland Fete. I have contacted Nick from the Events Team regarding the calendar for August and if any of the events he hosts, coincide with the Winter Wonderland, and thankfully not. He has been very helpful in providing me a list of resources which I can access regarding marquees and stalls. I am very grateful for his help; he has been very supportive towards this initiative. I have emailed a few of the collectives and clubs about the fete and have been waiting on responses. I have heard back from a couple of students who wish to hold their own stalls for their own benefit/charity, and I am looking forward to seeing who else will register their EOI. Talking of EOI, Vicky has set up an EOI form through Western to keep track of who will host their own stall. There has been a "brainstorming" session where Vicky and I spoke about what sort of things we wanted to have at the fete and how we would go about getting them. Nothing has been set in concrete yet, I am planning on having a working group as soon as we know more about how much interest is shown, and what sort of stalls/events/demonstrations are going to come out of this. Once we know more about "who" is coming/contributing, then we should get the other parties who are interested in helping involved. We have started the wheels in motion now. I am hoping to contact more Clubs for their support, it would be good to also have their stall/group in the limelight. I also am considering approaching the provost teams for extra support/funding, as this is going to need as much and as many resources as possible to make it an event to remember! I was very pleased with the Well-being and Welfare's Newsletter article on the Winter Wonderland Fete, I am hoping it will attract more stall holders and plenty of social communications!

Biggest Morning Tea – I have been in talks with Vicky and Gemma regarding the Biggest Morning High Tea at Campbelltown RSL. There has been a slight change of location, however it is still moving forward on the 22nd of June. Vicky, Gemma and I had a brainstorming discussion on the things that needed to be finished and talked about the gifts, prizes and decorations which we needed to "pretty" up and make it very welcoming. I have been given the job of "backdrop" I have gone to the best place ever. KMART! And purchased all the necessary items to produce a gorgeous backdrop for this event. I am looking forward to having a lovely time, while raising money for Cancer research, and having the information which is important to know, made well known by the guest speakers.

C-Stall group – I have been involved with the C-Stall group planning for Liverpool and Parramatta City Campus. I have been paired up with Jasmin for Bankstown and Ellyn-Joyce, Jordan and I for Parramatta City. We all came to an agreement that these stalls would be run in the 2ndh week of Semester, so that exams were finished and that we attract as many people as possible to join in the fun and games, all while promoting what the SRC does and how they can join. I am looking forward to the merchandise and I will wear my jumper/t-shirt proud, knowing I am able to make a difference and promote something that I think is really needed. Having a voice for your fellow cohort of students is a privilege. There has



been a bit of confusion about hosting these stalls on Campus without having submitted a Events Request. I emailed Grant to confirm however, I am still awaiting a response. I got in touch with Rachel and also Nick from Events at both Liverpool and Parramatta City, and they advised me that we DO need to submit an Event request upon going forward. I also found out that Security and the Building Manager need to also be notified, and on Parramatta City in particular, you cannot host any events other than level 1.

SRC FACE-TO-FACE Meetings – There has been talk about hosting face to face SRC meetings and there has been a general poll and vote on which campus should be hosting. I suggest we move around Campuses so that no one feels isolated or left out. Have a hybrid option has also been useful when dealing with this topic as a lot of the students are either on placement, working, or in classes. Jenny has also been invited to join our SRC meetings, which I think is fantastic. It's nice having extra support and a pair of ears for things that may have been missed or misinterpreted.

Laugh Therapy – I have started my monthly Laugh Therapy sessions as on last month (May), these sessions run on the last Wednesday of the month – 6pm-7pm. Although there were 4 registered to join the session, there was a problem with the zoom link, and they were unable to join. I spoke to Vicky about this seeing she was one of the registered participants and she's fixed the "broken Zoom link", I have emailed all the participants and apologised, and provided them with the new Zoom link. I think now I am set for the next session which will happen at the end of this month. These sessions provide a safe, happy environment where we able to de-stress and let go of what's happened in the past month, while laughing it off!

Open Kitchen/free dinner – I am considering hosting a weekly (or fortnightly) free dinner – or lunch at the Liverpool Campus. Some students have expressed interest in having a free lunch or dinner like they do at the Bankstown Campus "Community Dinner" or "Soup Kitchen" sort of thing. I posted a poll online regarding this, just to find some interest but I don't think there's enough engagement with students online, or on the Facebook page. I would like to host a general meeting, sort of a Campus Forum regarding a few issues, and understanding what the students needs and wants are firsthand.

Liverpool Computers – I have brought it to Jenny's and Nick's attention that the computers in the SRC room at Liverpool are not loading and lagging very much. I am unsure if this has been resolved, to my understanding, someone has been told about this previously, and it was awaiting a fix. I hope this can be resolved as I use the SRC room often, and it would be very handy to have functioning computers to work with.

Collective Spaces and Quiet Places – I was asked by Gemma to take a few snapshots of the various quiet rooms available at the University. I snapped up the Queer Room, Women's room (and breastfeeding), the Prayer room and then there's obviously the SRC/Events room. There is some work which needs to be done to make these areas more welcoming and appealing for



students to use. We have these spaces, we should enforce and encourage the students to use them.

Written by Romonda Eid - 18900864

SRC – Liverpool Campus



WELFARE AND WELLBEING REPRESENTATIVE: VICKY-RAE REED

I FEEL THAT I HAVE ADEQUATELY UNDERTAKEN THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MY ROLE FOR THE MAY- JUNE PERIOD 2022 BY ENGAGING WITH THE FOLLOWING:

• Meeting with DVC Indigenous Michelle Trudgett, Fiona Towney and SRC First Nations Tiffany Sharpe to discuss better provision of Indigenous teaching in Health and Medical Sciences as well as Social work and Education. We also discussed the creation and implementation of a Yarning Circle for the Campbelltown Campus to create a tangible connection to the D'harawal people of the Eora Nation. – May 11th

· Liasion with Melissa Mc Kay, Guest Speaker from The Cancer Council – May 11th

· Liason with Musiq Enterainment for Breast Cancer Awareness High Tea - May 15th

 \cdot Meeting with Disability Advisor, Rachel Weistra, regarding extended wait times for students to access Disability Services (currently < 4 weeks) – May 17th

· Liasion with Rydges Campbelltown - May 17th

· Liason with Bella Armstrong of the McGrath Foundation re: Guest Speakers- May 18th

 \cdot Connection test with the Museum of Australian Democracy for our Indigenous Rights and Freedoms Workshop for Reconciliation Week – May 18th

· Breast Cancer High Tea Meeting with Jemma and Romonda – May 18th

· Purchase of candles and Lush Boxes for High Tea speakers – May 19th

· Winter Wonderland Mapping Meeting with Romonda – May 19th

 \cdot Email communications with Patrick O'Meara of Camden Council re: Youth Team for Ukrainian Response Fundrasing Gala Day – May 19th

· Regional Advisory Group SDSN Youth AusNZPac Meeting- May 20th

· Liason with Nick Dionisopoulos surrounding Winter Wonderland - May 20th

 \cdot Newsletter created for Tiffany and Razin to promote Reconcilation Week and the Ukrainian Response Fundraising Gala Day- May 22nd

 \cdot Meeting Booking with Rainbow Western to discuss the provision of LGBTQIA mentors to students – May 23rd



· Meeting with Disability Collective to go over how to submit an Event Request - May 23rd

 \cdot Liasion with VPU, Bakar for assistance in reaching clubs as stall holders and performace artists for Winter Wonderland – May 23rd

· Continued Liasion with Anna Denejkina re: Staff Team – May 24th

· Meeting with Mental Health and Wellbeing, Emma Taylor - May 24th

· Forwarding of LGBTQIA Resources to Liverpool Campus Representive, Romonda – May 25th

· Find Delivery of 30 First Aid Training Packs on Parramatta South Campus - May 25th

· Laugh Therapy – May 25th

· Liasion with Centennial Parklands Sports Centre to rebook the venue for July 10th - May 26th

· Contact Student Events to extend our Soccer Registration till July 10th - May 26th

 \cdot [RECONCILIATION WEEK] First Nations Cultural Competency Training with Auspire WA – May 26th

· Updating Cross Campus Equity Network Planner – May 26th

· Answering student queries in relation to Winter Wonderland stallholding - May 26th

· Extend invitation to staff for Breast Cancer Awareness High Tea - May 26th

 \cdot Connection test with National Museum of Australia for our Endeavor Voyage workshop for Reconciliation Week – May 27th

· Cultural Responsiveness - Understanding the need for Inclusive Leadership - May 27th

· Preparing Winter Wonderlan, Pride Month and International Student Support Newsletters for Romonda, Rannie and Aakanksha from the SRC Welfare and Wellbeing WL portal – May 27th

· Discussions with SRC Women's Rep, Jemma Cook, relating to SRC Inclusion Plan - May 28th

 \cdot Email Communications to participants regarding the postponement of the Ukrainian Response Fundraising Gala Day due to C19 – May 28th

· [RECONCILATION WEEK] Endeavour Voyage- May 30th

· [RECONCILIATION WEEK]Fight for Indigenous Rights- May 31st



- \cdot [RECONCILATION WEEK] Indigenous Rights and Freedoms Jun 1st
- · [RECONCILATION WEEK] Talk Back Time Reconcilation Place Jun 2nd
- · [RECONCILATION WEEK] Virtual Aboriginal Tour at Cape Byron Jun 3rd
- \cdot NSW Council for Pacific Communities Meeting -Jun 6th
- · Bankstown City Campus Change and Communications Working Group Jun 7th

SMALL AND REGIONAL CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE: VACANT Not submitted